Facts About Our Grant
- In 2016, we received requests from 92 organizations, asking for a total of $1,026,000.
- Our 2016 grants totaled approximately $467,000 to organizations in NE Iowa.
- Over 76% of the 2016 grants were $5,000 or less.
- Grants were made for basic human needs, capital projects, education, religious endeavors, Cultural/Arts and food and housing for the needy.
- No grants were made to individuals.
- Application submission is open April – May.
- Grants are awarded in July.
- The Foundation is a 501c3 private, non-profit organization.
Who Has Benefited From Our Grant
The following are the 2016 grant recipients: Clarke University, Dubuque Museum of Art, Dubuque Regional Humane Society, Power of Prayer, Mount Pleasant Home, St. Marks Center, Iowa Legal Aid, Dubuque Rescue Mission, Bell Tower Theater, Camp Courageous, Rising Star Theater Company, Opening Doors, Presentation Lantern, St. John’s Lutheran Church, Dubuque VNA, Hills and Dale’s, American Red Cross, Riverview Center, DuRide, Holy Spirit Parish, Dubuque Community Y, Martin Luther Home, Aquin Catholic Elementary School, Hospice of Dubuque, Images & Information Cancer Survivors, Consumer Credit Counseling, Every Child/Every Promise, Foundation for Dubuque Public Schools, Hillcrest Family Services, Loras College, Albrecht Acres, Area Residential Care, Bobcat Capital Support Foundation, Dubuque County Historical Society, Dubuque Lutheran Schools, Emmaus Bible College, Friends of St. Mary’s, Iowa Women Lead Change, Mary’s Inn Maternity Home, Northeast Iowa School of Music, People Associated with Lincoln School, Shalom Spirituality Center, Alverno Apartments, Boys and Girls Club, Catholic Charities, Convivium Urban Farmstead, Dubuque Area Labor Harvest, Divine Word College, Dubuque Toys for Tots, Friends of Dubuque County Library, Helping Services for NE Iowa, Iowa Dental Foundation, LaSalle Catholic School, Maquoketa Art Experience, Maquoketa Betterment Corp., NICC Foundation, Radius Church, Seton Catholic Schools, St. John the Baptist Church, St. Joseph Church, St. Patrick Catholic School, St. Stephen’s Food Bank, Two by Two, and West Central Booster’s Club.
Who Qualifies for Our Grant
The grant is only available to 501c3 organizations in Dubuque and the Eastern Iowa area. Specifically, local non-profit organizations that provide educational opportunities, human and social services, and health care for children and their families.